The Cynical Fishy

Someone I know told me I should make a blog. So here I am, I made one! My blog has no specific purpose or anything. I guess I'll just have fun with it.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

95% Muslim, 4.75 % American and 0.25% Saudi

hello blog ppl,
well, this is more of a serious post. sorry, not much retardedness/fun to write about these days. my life has flipped around and become pretty much uneventful. so the only thing i can write about these days is myself :P a lil bit of self discovery.
anyways, this post is about who i am, what i feel and the different components of me (its all me me me me :D )
so, id like to think a big of part who i am is being a muslim. id also like to think that im on the religiousish side (or atleast relative to ppl my age with my amount of freedom etc etc) but ofcourse there are ppl who think im over religious and then there are those ppl who would say im bound to be eternally damned in hell. but it all depends on whos judging me and their beliefs, its basically all just relative. for my religious beliefs and behavior, ofcourse ill mainly thank Allah, but there are some ppl im thankful for too. i thank my mama for raising me properly. she taught me a bunch of things which made me who i am. she always used to tell me that it doesnt matter what ppl see u do or dont see u do, but God can see u all the time. she also taught me that if i ever sin, i shouldnt give up or think im a bad person, i should pray and ask God for forgiveness and that God is the most merciful. she even told me i can id3ee in english cuz God understands all languages ( hehe, i know its stupid, but its important to me). id also like to thank those good friends of mine. those girls who were mua7ajabat and didnt mess around with guys etc. i think those friends helped keep me in place and not go wrong. growing up i had all kinds of friends and a bunch of them did so many things which i would think are wrong. but there were those few girls who were good, just having them around was a good influence. and sometimes when life gets tough and u look around, if u have those friends, it makes it all seem easier. probably only 2 of the girls im talking about will read this, but i thank those 2 for being around and being who they are and i also thank the other ones (who wont be reading this).

next up, i think im 4.75% american. i wouldve never thought i was that american before. but lately ive noticed that i am. its not like i ud notice me in a crowd of saudis, i dont stand out that much. but if u talk to me and get to know me or just observe me (dont go stalking me though :l) ud realise that i am very different. a few months ago while travelling i met some americans and from just talking to them i realised how much i had in common with them. i felt at home speaking to them.(akh my moms distracting me, so my thoughts arent comming out right :s)

last but not least is the 0.25% saudi part of me. i love my country and i think im quite the patriot but other than that i dont think theres anything else thats saudi about me.

anyways, thats it.... i didnt write this post to make myself look cool or above others and at the same time i didnt write it to feel belittled. i just wrote it as an expression of who i am. just a description. i dont regret any part of who i am, although at times its difficult. but i wouldnt change a thing.

bubyes blog world

19 Comments:

  • At 17/8/06 17:05, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fishy, the first part of ur post sounds like an academy award acceptance speech.. looool

    I’m grateful for the way 5alto raised you too. You have no idea how much you've influenced me over the past three years (in a good way of course). I don’t know how I would’ve turned out if it weren’t for your company.
    The most thing I like about you is the way you challenge me intellectually. You make me focus and think ‘39ban 3anni if I wanna keep up a steady stream of conversation with you (provided that my brain works slower than yours..mashallah). With most other people all I hear is “bla raaaar grrrr bl3 snarf grb3 grb3 3eeeee6…,” then my brain just fades them out.. Some sort of defense mechanism against brain degenerating horse poop 8<

    3aaaa3 stupid movie! Guy just killed her brother and now he’s in her room all bloody and disgusting and SINGING to her.. actually, he's singing WITH her.. How can someone sing about forgiveness when their brother has just been stabbed by guy standing in front of them?!
    >= (

     
  • At 17/8/06 18:33, Blogger Taqo said…

    I <3 you..I swear.
    You remind me of myself. ALOT.
    And oh yea, Hijabis Kick Arse :D

     
  • At 17/8/06 19:23, Blogger lil fishy said…

    juju,
    maybe if i ever win an oscar ill use this post as my speech :D i love u juju and thank u for being juju *hug*
    and im happy to know that u dont hear "bl3 bla333 grb3..." when i talk 8<

    taq,
    ta3ali join my very very small shilla of friends :D
    wooohoo for fun mu7ajabas :D

     
  • At 17/8/06 21:42, Blogger Raven said…

    I loved this one.. straight from the heart..

    May Allah lighten your path, it's interesting we share several things in common..

    I've been seen as an "outsider" almost everywhere I go, even though I can fit into virtually any group I join.. :)

    Y

     
  • At 17/8/06 22:26, Blogger lil fishy said…

    raven,
    thanx..
    its good that u can fit into most groups. i can fit into any group that accepts me and doesnt try changing me and doesnt stare at me strangly :D

     
  • At 18/8/06 04:38, Blogger -OT- said…

    Fishy, lovely post! I've read 2 of ur posts so far and I've been impressed by both! Seems like I'm gonna go through ur archives and have myself a busy reading day tomorrow :P hehe

     
  • At 18/8/06 06:45, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've watsed an hour or so going through the archives for the sake of memories instead of preparing for the GRE..I blame -ot- :|

    *sigh* Good memories, but now it's all over for the most part..None of the pictures showed though.. wanted to see the picture of us infront of the hyatt..don't know if i should blame my ISP or KACST >: (

     
  • At 18/8/06 13:57, Blogger lil fishy said…

    ot,
    thank u *shy face* hehe
    i dont think my archives r as personal as the last 2 posts, life used to be more interesting back then, so id post about my outings with friends :D but go ahead enjoy my archives, just pay $5.99 and ull have full access to them :P


    early chicken juju,
    haaa :^) memories, now its all gone bubye (ash)
    blame them all, blame the world :D

    diabz,
    for me it was both parents and friends (even if they werent close friends)

     
  • At 19/8/06 10:02, Blogger -OT- said…

    Juju: I'm sorry, my bad :P

    Fishy: I can relate to the way u feel by the way... I also feel like my sense of belonging to this country is primarily due to religion.. I mean almost everything I love about this place seems to stem from religious roots, while most of the things that piss me off and leave me shocked and in awe are the work of the culture and society... Oh and there's definitely a part of me that thinks Western (I wouldn't necessarily say American specifically)

     
  • At 19/8/06 13:56, Blogger lil fishy said…

    ot,
    i have issues fitting into saudi, i spent more than half my life outta saudi, so fitting in isnt easy and yet i love my country :D (but definitely not all the ppl, probably not even 90% of the ppl :p)
    and well i consider that part of me american and not just western cuz america is my second home. if i ever give up on living in saudi and work up the nerve, ill go follow juju to the states and keep her company :D

     
  • At 19/8/06 15:02, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hoh *face looking down on msn*
    you have no idea how happy you made me with the last comment about following me (becuase of course, and as we all know, i'm already there..)

    I shall wait for you till foreveeeeeer my stinky littaaal fishy.. (yeah yeah..keep dreaming)

    :^)

     
  • At 20/8/06 02:52, Blogger ren_crow said…

    I am so gonna stalk u now >)

     
  • At 20/8/06 11:30, Blogger Bassem said…

    everything i wanted to say has been said :P
    plus i'm too lazy to type!
    i'm not much different from you except that my percentages are a little bit different than yours!

     
  • At 20/8/06 13:33, Blogger lil fishy said…

    juju,
    thank u for waiting, ur a loyal friend 8< u never know, i might lose all hope over here and follow u, or i come vacation 3andik :D with all my lil babies :D

    ren,
    ur going to hit me with celery?:O (hehe, when i was lil i asked my bro what stalking meant, he told me it meant to go hit someone with a vegetable that has a stalk :D*

    bassem,
    way too lazy :P
    what r ur percentages?

     
  • At 20/8/06 14:36, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    fishy played a great role in making me a better muslim in all 4 yrs of jam3a .. i am very thankful .. thank u for being a great influence (hug)

     
  • At 23/8/06 09:34, Blogger Nouph said…

    I recall a lot of people coming up to me and telling me how I'm "too Americanized". My answer was; Aren't we all??! I really didn't get it. Until I got some of my closest friends' comment about that, and it annoying them!! I hated a lot about this place and loved alot, but here,when they say that me having nothing against that -and I qoute them- "yucky" gay guy at mcdonals and I accept that, and not bash up on them and thier stopped bad habits, I am being just "too Americanized".. Ahhh, I rested my case a million years ago. (not all my friends, they know who they are!!)

    And about the Anti-no-hijabis, NO HIJABIS ARE GOOD PEOPLE TOO, DAMN IT!! We make great friends and have more fun :P. lol, jk. But honestly Maha, a Hijab doesn't tell how religouse a girl is, and you know that better than I.

    Well, didn't mean to make this a "gathyah" so let me finish by, allah y5le lek ur friends =P (and ur sis-in-law)

     
  • At 23/8/06 14:45, Blogger lil fishy said…

    foof,
    im not anti no hijabs :( aaaa3333, u wont listen to me, and i never said all mu7ajabas r good, im talking about particular ones in my life. i know girls who used to cover their hair just cuz their dad told them too but theyd screw around with guys like crazy, but im not thanking them here.
    i should beat up my sister inlaw :| hehe
    *hugs foofa*

     
  • At 24/8/06 16:53, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmmmm

    i'm sure u heard " its when i'm with people, that i feel alone the most" statement in a way or another..never i realised wbhat it means until i'm with ppl who are completely different than i..you being in ksa, that makes u realise more and more who you are..when ur around ppl who are alot like u, u might not know ur self very well...self discovery is not an easy task, but i do believe that in order to live a fifulling life, we must know ourselves well..

    whoever u r, n whatever u do, u will be the envy of someone and the hatred of someone else...so live ur life within the bounderies of religion o inshalla u will live a happy life..

    and no, i have no walnuts

     
  • At 25/8/06 16:54, Blogger lil fishy said…

    pengy my cookie :D
    thank u for ur advice, kinda strange reading a comment like this from u. we dont usually get philosophical with eachother, interesting side of cookie to see.
    and if i dont get my walnut within 10 yrs, ur gonna be my walnut, so a7sanlak if i get a walnut soon :|

     

Post a Comment

<< Home