The Cynical Fishy

Someone I know told me I should make a blog. So here I am, I made one! My blog has no specific purpose or anything. I guess I'll just have fun with it.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

carving a name into my heart: fishy speaks up about love

hello blog ppl,
well today im going to do something i havent done yet. im going to tell u about my non existent love life and my views on love.
to start off let me give u guys my definition of love. well giving a straight up definition is difficult but ill give u some criteria which must be met for me to call it love. firstly, love doesnt come and go easily, basically ur not gonna fall in love every couple of yrs. i believe u only truly fall in love no more than a couple of times during ur lifetime. basically, i cant stand those girls (and some of u guys) who think theyre in love with every bf/gf theyve ever had. i cant stand those teen girls and even girls my age who run around all the time "oh my god, im so in love with him and we re getting married", then sure enough within a few months they break up and the girl whines about how her heart is all broken, but woohoo, wait a minute, within a couple of months she finds someone new to fall in love with, and the cycle begins all over again, only to keep repeating itself.

secondly, if u do fall in love with someone, ull never completely get over them, something significant of them will always remain with you.
third, love takes time to happen, there is no such thing as love at first sight, there can be liking at first sight which later grows into love, but real love never comes that quick.
last but not least, when you love someone u know them well, so ur not inlove when uve just met the person (which i mentioned above). when ur in love u dont have to act infront of eachother, theres no show to put up. u r who u r, and the other person knows that.

well we just covered what i think love is, now ill move on to tell u about my love life. i have had crushes and i have liked guys etc. but i cant honestly say that ive ever loved any of them, i know i liked them, but it wasnt love. i know this because, if it didnt work out between us i got over it. maybe getting over it wasnt quick, but it did happen. one thing ive noticed about myself, is that i dont give my heart away all at once, and i think some ppl may have expected me to. i give it gradually. a little part at time, once i feel safe and comfy enough, i give another little piece. i dont think ive given anyone much. except for maybe one person. i gave him a chunk of my heart and he pretty much bruised and bashed it. i dont think it was intentional, i think it was just outta his stupidity. ofcourse i still like this guy, but i dont think its love, cuz i know eventually (inshallah) i will get over him. i know i should be over him by now, but i dont think i really am, and i kinda hate myself for it. i guess i just havent gotten decent closure, so thats why its taking this long.

another thing about me and love, i think being in love would be great. but im not a smushy mushy person. romance is cute. but some ppl just make love (Which in their case, most of the time is just a crush that wont last) look sick and gross :l u know, every lil while "oh i missed u" and they sit their hanging on eachother and theyre just stuck in a sick way :l u know they sit next to eachother at restaraunts, they get all giggly. im sorry thats not my stuff. like i said romance is great but what they do is not romance. i think its nice when u can be friends around eachother, u dont always have to be mushy. get wut i mean?

anyways, i should get going now. as of now i still havent carved any mans name into my heart. who knows when or if itll happen *sigh*

bubyes
*singing: You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like Heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you*

23 Comments:

  • At 4/8/06 00:57, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "u know they sit next to eachother at restaraunts, they get all giggly." Like disgusting couple in starbucks >: (
    3aaaaaaaaaa33333! someone should've shot them..they make me want to vomit..
    Everyone like them should be shot..sitting there all mushy gazing into each other's eyes trying to seduce each other..licking whipped cream off each other's straws..KILL THEEEM! :'(
    On another note..Good song fishy.. i like :^)

     
  • At 4/8/06 04:05, Blogger Edward Ott said…

    Love hurts.

     
  • At 4/8/06 18:32, Blogger Bassem said…

    "if u do fall in love with someone, ull never completely get over them, something significant of them will always remain with you."
    sadly, that's very true

    "third, love takes time to happen, there is no such thing as love at first sight, there can be liking at first sight which later grows into love, but real love never comes that quick."
    ditto that

    i hope you find someone to carve his name into your heart :)

    ps. well, i don't mind those smushy mushy persons.. let them be :P if they act like that around each other then it's fine by me!

     
  • At 4/8/06 22:20, Blogger lil fishy said…

    akh, my comment didnt post and it got lost, muyst rewrite it.

    juju,
    wonder if the starbux couple r gonna be there next semester ^o)
    and yes, its a good song. wheres my singer man 8<

    edward,
    i guess it does sometimes

    bassem,
    *hug* yaaay, ur a reasonable and rational person :D hehe
    but i still dont like smushy ppl, they shouldnt do it public, its gross :s

     
  • At 4/8/06 23:03, Blogger izzy™ said…

    hey fishy..first of all i liked ur post :) BUT i would have to diagree w/u on some points..lol :P
    #1. GIVE THE MUSHY PPL A BREAK! 7aram 3alaikom..i dont think they are gross at all..i think they're CUTE & sweet & there's nothing wrong with being all giggly and habla when ur in-love..ur just jealous cuz u guys got no one to be giggly about...
    if i was out with some guy i love i wouldnt really mind holding his hand and sitting right next to him and all that mushy stuff..i wouldnt stick DOWN HIS TONSILS for sure, but i would do that mushy stuff (gasps! yeah im mushy sometimes..get over it lol)
    there's nothing wrong with showing the world u love the one ur with..i think its rather sweet..ppl are different and they have different ways of expressing stuff..dont call them "sick" and "gross" just cuz they're different...its not fair
    what i DONT LIKE AT ALL is being mushy 100% of the time..THAT is what can really make u sick..a little mushy mush is fine with me


    "i cant stand those girls (and some of u guys) who think theyre in love with every bf/gf theyve ever had" THATS TRUE.
    i dont think u fall in-love only once. i think u could at least twice. but THATS IT. otherwise its not love, its habala.

    i dont believe in love-at-first sight either. thats crap they invented to make more cheezy movies

    sorry for the long comment..!

    nice post girl...:D

     
  • At 5/8/06 00:02, Blogger lil fishy said…

    beetle juice,
    thanx. i still think mushy ppl r sick and gross *vommit face* i dont mind ppl who hold hands, i dont mind if u hug, thats normal and cute. but the smushyness im talking about is just gross, i think its exaggerated. u have to see the starbux couple me and juju were talking about, theyd gross u out :D

     
  • At 5/8/06 03:49, Blogger Taqo said…

    I think the mushy-ness is just in the begining infatuation stage..that fades though, l2an you HAVE to get bored of that after a while. People who look at each other like sick dogs make me want to hurl too :P
    I agree..true love is once..especially after youve gotten heart-broken, you'll never love anyone as much as your first love, cuz youll be too scared that youll get your heart-broken again?
    Alot of people take "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" to heart.


    (^ I dont know what I'm talking about, tra, ya fishy..those are just my theories. Enjoy :D)

     
  • At 5/8/06 13:25, Blogger izzy™ said…

    lol maybe ur right..i didnt see them :P

     
  • At 6/8/06 13:29, Blogger lil fishy said…

    taq,
    hehe, ur theories r interesting and cute, dont worry :D

    beetle juice,
    listen, if the couple is still at starbux this comming semester then we can plan a feild trip to emiraat, so u can see them :P

     
  • At 7/8/06 16:05, Blogger fire alarm said…

    u cant really be talking about something unless u experienced it.. right ??

    but true.. love can sux.

     
  • At 7/8/06 16:39, Blogger lil fishy said…

    diabz,
    oooh lust *drooly face* hehe
    yeah i guess if u think its love at first sight (ya3ni some real strong feelin) its probably just lust

    abdullah,
    well most of time u cant talk about something unless uve experienced it, but if uve expereinced something similar i guess u can.
    but exactly wut r we talking about now?
    anyways welcome to my blog, come more often, its free :D hehe

     
  • At 7/8/06 16:55, Blogger bored said…

    .........ranting again i see

    and the fact that you havent fallen in love (well not truly in love ) is a load of crap i know one such example that has haunted you for quite some time

    as for your theory on people being mushy....well id like to see how and what kind of love and situation you will be in

     
  • At 7/8/06 17:08, Blogger lil fishy said…

    bored,
    if ur talking about what i think ur talking about, as in moe. well i dont call that love.
    and if the last part of ur comment meant that i should watch wut im saying cuz i would be smushy, then go flush urself. im not the smushy type and not everyones the same. not everyone in love is smushy and nasty

     
  • At 7/8/06 17:11, Blogger bored said…

    you wouldnt know what love is if it hit you in the head luv as for your "theory" i do KNOW its a load of crap so until you go thru the love experience do not go around insulting those who are :D

     
  • At 7/8/06 17:15, Blogger lil fishy said…

    kareem,
    keep it up, ur doing good at pissing me off, but then again uve always been great at that. im not going to waste my time or effort arguing with u :)

     
  • At 9/8/06 20:23, Blogger AhMeD said…

    Couldn't agree with you more. It's like if you're speaking my mind :P

    Love is looking at a person's imperfections as perfect, if you really love someone then you should feel so comfortable with them to talk about everything from the most intense world matters to Angelina Jolie's quest to adopt the world :P If you really love someone then it shouldn't matter to you whether they're in they're BJ's with messed up hair or if they're in a fancy Versace number with their hair all done.

    Oh ya about those giggly people. THEY SCARE THE LIVING HELL OUT OF ME! :P I mean how shallow and insignificant can people get! :S

    I've seen some of my friends talking on the phone for hours and the conversation was literally made of the following phrases: "I love you" "I love you too" "I miss you" "I miss you more". And they get so depressed if they're out of credit :S WTF! I mean if you really love the person then what's the difference between listening to their voice or reading their words as long as you're connected to them!

    As the saying goes: Love is a world that loses it's value when over used.

    Although I'm not into that 1-hour long I love you, you love me conversations, I'm totally into all that romantic bull shits :P I mean I really enjoy a serious conversation but I will do some romantic crap and sometimes with no occasion at all :P

    I fell in love only once and you were right, it did leave something. But that person totally changed that to me it's like if the person I once loved is dead now.

    SHIT! I wrote a lot! :P

     
  • At 10/8/06 00:41, Blogger lil fishy said…

    keep writing ahmed :P
    i think id smack ur friends if i had hear thier "hour long i love u conversations" :D
    thanx for bringin up a good point about when u love someone ud talk about anythin with them. i hate those couples that r so fake and just act around eachother. u know, too scared to say or do anything wrong :|

     
  • At 10/8/06 16:05, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maha's in love!!
    where was I!!! I'm so telling Mo'!
    heh heh
    JK gurl, so true what you said, and sadly funny..

     
  • At 12/8/06 23:41, Blogger lil fishy said…

    *grabs foof and beats her up*
    hehe

     
  • At 16/8/06 09:31, Blogger -OT- said…

    I loved the post!!! For once, I've actually read another person's opinion on this matter and had NOTHING to argue! Nice one fishy!!! Spot on....

     
  • At 16/8/06 17:12, Blogger lil fishy said…

    thank u, thank u ot *shy face* hehe
    im glad u had nothing to argue about, now i love u :p

     
  • At 17/8/06 21:48, Blogger Raven said…

    I agree with fishy and ahmed.. great job :)

     
  • At 17/8/06 22:19, Blogger lil fishy said…

    raven
    its nice to know that ppl agree with me (not for the sake of being all snotty and conceted :p) its just nice knowing that there are others who dont want a shallow, fake relationship etc etc

     

Post a Comment

<< Home