The Cynical Fishy

Someone I know told me I should make a blog. So here I am, I made one! My blog has no specific purpose or anything. I guess I'll just have fun with it.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

titleless :l

hello world, this is me and i need to pee. hehe dont ask wut i was just singing, it just sounded right :$, hehehe.
anyways not quite sure wut to talk about today.
well, in my social psychology class ive learned alot of interesting stuff on how we see ourselves and others. i was on a mission to smile at ppl in my university today, but it didnt work, i didnt have any eye contact with anyone. well there were a couple of guys who i couldve smiled at but i thought theyd get the wrong impression. one reason is that in todays psychology class the prof. said that guys tend to take friendliness from women as a sign of interest. and well i dont want half the guys in university thinking im interested in them cuz i smiled at them :l
my whole smiling mission came from one of my complaining sessions at starbux with juju and bebe. i realised ppl at my university dont really smile at strangers, they dont start conversation with ppl just to be friendly (like in an elevator), the only ones who would r ajnabi faculty or staff sometimes.
wooo wooo, i just remembered something. yesterday i went to dr. Toledo's office with juju and we talked, he was helpful. but he also made fun of me. AUS has a book with all senior students resumes and apparently toledo has a copy and he saw my picture in it and hes like maha no one in the book looks as happy as u, no one! anyways me and juju explained to him that i submitted a smiley photo cuz if i didnt then employers would think im angry and they wouldnt employ me (my reactionless face looks angry/sad, or so ive been told)
hmm what else is there to talk about? well my dilemna is still on and i havent figured out what to do:D hehe. i think jujus getting annoyed with me, i wouldnt be surprised if she smacks me next time i talk about it. inshallah it will get solved.
ooh, for those of you who dont know my little fantasy ill tell u. someday ill be in the desert and some guy in a thobe and shmaa'3 comes riding on his horse and hes mitlathim. he rides up to me, he uncovers his face and says "hello maha" in perfect english. then some angry bedou from his tribe come, apparently ive pissed them off (i think id be great at pissing normal saudis off). anyways my man on his horse yells "afa wana abookum, hathi maha bint alshuyookh". and all the angry bedoo apologise and go away.
hehehe, nice fantasy:D
anyways thats enough for now

10 Comments:

  • At 7/2/06 20:06, Blogger Stephen said…

    Maybe instead of making eye contact and smiling at random people, you could just be super nice to people when you come into contact with them, like if someone holds a door open for you that gives you an oppotunity to smile and say thank you. You're right if you smile at guys they will definitely think you're interested in them. Good to see someone making an effort to be nice, thumbs up to u! hehe

     
  • At 7/2/06 20:56, Blogger lil fishy said…

    i do smile and say thank u when someone holds the door open for me (usually a guy) and it makes me extremely happy to know gentlemen exist, but thats rare.
    maybe tomorrow ill try smiling at ppl when i go to the mall. wish me luck:D hehe

     
  • At 7/2/06 21:03, Blogger Stephen said…

    Best of luck :) remember be subtle with your smile otherwise you're just gona come off creepy hehe

     
  • At 7/2/06 21:22, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Juju isn't annoyed with you fishy.. she just wants you to be happy and to stop thinking so much..
    (note to world: fishy has a chronic pathological disorder..she has a tendency to think things over to scary abnormal extents)
    (note to fishy: now no one's gonna smile back at you even if u give them ur most dazzling smile >=D hehehe)

    luf u fishy 8<

     
  • At 7/2/06 21:46, Blogger lil fishy said…

    darn it... ill still try 8<

     
  • At 8/2/06 14:07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so did the smiling work?anybody smile back?

     
  • At 8/2/06 14:31, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok maa dont tell no1 who i am....my last comments really gay n its for my rep u kno...ill leave more comments later on wit a diff name so no1 wud kno its me :D

     
  • At 8/2/06 21:35, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    okay whos bob and whre is his/her gay comment?

    btw i want u to see this...

    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2630&ncid=2630&e=2&u=/ap/20060208/ap_on_re_eu/denmark_prophet_drawings_2

    and this...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/04/15/wqueen15.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/04/15/ixworld.html

     
  • At 8/2/06 23:55, Blogger lil fishy said…

    umm, why should i see this? and why cant it wait till u see me online to gimme the link :s

     
  • At 9/2/06 19:50, Blogger lil fishy said…

    cookie, u trying to seduce me or win me over with ur msn nickname?:$

     

Post a Comment

<< Home