The Cynical Fishy

Someone I know told me I should make a blog. So here I am, I made one! My blog has no specific purpose or anything. I guess I'll just have fun with it.

Friday, March 17, 2006

first countdown over

well, in my last post i told u i had 3 countdowns for the week. well the countdown to the first event ended yesterday, so now i can tell u wut happened. I WENT TO THE DUBAI DESERT ROCK FEST!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOso let me tell u about my day, the night b4 i was sick (the flu), so i sat there praying in bed that id wake up healthy, but i didnt. woke up thursday morning still sick. anyways me and juju left at 1pm, we had lunch at fudruckers and then reached the concert grounds around 3:30. after standing in line in the sun (please note: dubai is hot) we finally got in. first band to play was mannikind (some local band), next up was the 'Testament', ppl started getting violent from there, pushing, jumping around etc (please note it was still daytime), but it was ok, not too violent.

ofcourse the whole time there was sand all over and ppl were covered in sand, cuz the concert was in the desert and with ppl moving around uve got sand flying all over, so basically all u could breath was sand and cigarette smoke :S, hehe.
anyways after sunset, "Reel Big Fish" played, they werent bad, they werent heavy metal, so i guess thats why i liked them. oh sometime then cookie finally came the concert.

next up was the band me and juju mainly went for 3 DOORS DOWN, wooooooo, woooooo. we got close to the front, about a meter and half away. but it got so freaking violent up there, ppl in the back were shoving forward way too much. i was stuck on some big guys back and i was just flying around, at points i wasnt even on my feet. anyways it got too violent upfront so i moved back to the middle and juju moved somewhere to the back. 3 doors down is a great band, even live, theyre good. during their last 2 songs (here without u and love me when im gone) i was standing next to some big canadian guy (in the dark it looked like hes in his 40's). anyways he smiled at me a few times, id smile back. then he started singing with me :D hehe. he'd lean in towards me and sing. after that we talked a bit. he said something so cute, he was like your pretty, and i was like oh thank u. hes like ur prettier than the other girls here, the ones wearing barely any clothing, and my reply was thats falttering i dont hear stuff like that often (for those of u who dont know me, im mu7ajaba, meaning i cover my hair). hes like you've a got thing about u, again i said thank u. we talked a bit more and then i went looking for juju and cookie. the guy was pretty nice and friendly.
next band was megadeath, well since none of us like heavy metal and they were the last band and we were kinda exhausted from standing up so long and being pushed around etc, we decided to go home. on our way out some security guy stopped us and started talking (friendly talking). he was lebnani, he was telling us to stay longer even if its just 10 mins, we said no we gotta go, and he sat there talking and talking and he tried making me talk 3arabi, looooooool. anyways i thought he was a sweety, i dont think juju liked him.
so i got two boyfriends at the concert, the canadian guy and the security guy, hehehe :P juju got a couple of her own too, but i wont say anything bout those, she can tell u guys if she wants.
got back home and showered, i was covered in sand, even my hair was sandy :l
so that was my thursday :D


10 Comments:

  • At 18/3/06 01:13, Blogger ITACHI said…

    ohhh I totally forgot about it 8(

    glad you had FUN & boyfriend "coz its little hard for you 8P"

     
  • At 18/3/06 01:28, Blogger T said…

    i guess robby williams is count down number 2 or 3.

    Good thing you had such a good time, i remmeber when me and my wife went to the phil collins concert we had a great time.

     
  • At 18/3/06 02:16, Blogger Stephen said…

    One thing that really puts me off going to concerts is the pushing and the fights!

     
  • At 18/3/06 12:54, Blogger lil fishy said…

    itachi,
    thanx :P, u shouldve come

    talal,
    nope, robbie williams is not any of the countdowns and hes sold out, got sold out within only a few hours. all my countdowns are for events within a week.

    shy,
    akh, it was very violent at times. security walked thru the crowds at times breaking up people who were just jumping around and pushing etc. i liked this one security guy, he was the tallest one and hes big and black and he has this mean look on his face, hehe.

     
  • At 18/3/06 16:26, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd try to support maha's description of the concert.. but no matter how hard i try, words won't get it right.. i'd rather keep the memories and feelings to myself 8<

    Mainly my thing for ajanib just got stronger.. haaaa :^)

     
  • At 18/3/06 18:27, Blogger bored said…

    maha ........

    why didnt you watch mega deth and here i thought you were becoming a DECENT person ........you almost decieved me i WAS proud of you for a moment ...but that all faded away ...any ways im bored and in need of some serious entertainment so.....ENTERTAIN ME

     
  • At 21/3/06 18:13, Blogger lil fishy said…

    ill sing for u :D

     
  • At 19/4/06 19:38, Blogger ren_crow said…

    WHAT? Goddamnit! Even YOU went to the Dubai rock festival?? arrgrhrghrghrhrgrhgrhrghrghrgieurqowiuerhwoasdfhsaodhfsdhfkjsdghksjdfskdjfgskdgfasldh!!!!!!!!!!

    My friend told me abt it like 2 days before the concert day. You can just imagine my reaction "oh thanks alot for telling me NOW, man". He already got tickets to see the show like a week or two earlier.
    He's kinda a big guy so im guessing he was the one u were referring to "i was stuck on some big guys back and i was just flying around, at points i wasnt even on my feet" hahaha

    anywayz he came back all happy, cuz he got to see megadeth AND hook up with some chick during the 3 doors down section.
    And i missed it. Now i have to wait next year.
    Crap.

     
  • At 20/4/06 14:58, Blogger lil fishy said…

    ren,
    poor u. if u want i can lie to u and tell u about the concert and make it sound all boring and stupid. that way u wont feel like u missed out on anything :P

     
  • At 21/4/06 07:58, Blogger ren_crow said…

    Oh gee. Thanks a lot. That'll make me feel sooooo much better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home